Friday, December 14, 2007

Merry, Merry Christmas!!!







Our tree is finally up and decorated. Goodness, I feel so behind this year for some reason. Usually by Thanksgiving all of the gifts are bought and wrapped to go under the tree when we put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving. But, everything is done now =) Whew! I love short, fat, chubby trees - LOL! And it has to be REAL. I love, love, love the smell of a fresh cut tree. I've added a few photos so you can get an idea of what our tree looks like. I like a wide variety of ornaments and I adore the old Christmas lights (drives Mike nuts as he's a firefighter and is sure they are not safe). I have lots of pretty Waterford and Christopher Radko ornies, but also love pretties that the kids made when they were little, and I, of course, LOVE vintage ornaments. The tree topper is an absolutely adorable vintage pink feather angel, but I couldn't get a good photo of her. For the final touch I love to add lots of tinsel and then I sprinkle on lots of snow =) The last photo is of my favorite gift that Ashy will be getting this year - a Radio Flyer bike complete with the old fashioned bell - I love it!!! LOL! Can't wait to see him riding it next summer. I hope everyone's holidays are going great and you are all enjoying the holiday season...

7 comments:

Rosemary said...

Love your tree!
I'm behind this year too!
Rosemary

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Hi Debbie! I love your tree and that radio flyer. They make one in a 2-wheeler for when he gets a little older - and it is just so cute! Thanks for visiting my holiday home! And good luck to you and your new blog/shoppe. Can't wait to see what you will be selling.

Di said...

Love your tree Debbie! That radio flyer is just too too cute! I am sooooooooo behind. I havn't wrapped a thing yet. My house is half decorated and it WILL stay that way. I gave up and put the rest of the decorations up. I have sooooooooo many orders to get out before Wednesday....breathe breathe breathe. So you are way ahead of me!
xoxo
Diane

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Welcome back Debbie have missed you,looove your decs and the radio flyer id love a red radio flyer wagon i love the movie with that in it.
i propose a trade of button fairys can you email me
nedman1@bigpond.com
Hugs
Jullie

Cherub Kisses Boutique said...

***smiles*** worth the wait!!! so very pretty & the Radio Flyer is awesome!!
have a fun Sunday!!
hugs, dionne

Paris Rags Romance said...

What a sweet blog! My mothers favorite color is lavender, i save so much with lavender to make things for her you would go nuts if you could see it all! I was also reading your past posts, i'm so envious of your lilacs, i have one planted but here in fla they wont bloom, just beautiful leaves. I want so bad to smell a little bud!Lilacs are very sentimental to me...another story lol Have a lovley week! Kimberly

COLLS GARDEN said...

Hi Debbie, thanks for your ebay messages. Ashy's bike looks awesome. He will be flyin' round your house in it you know-lol. I promise to do a post before Chrissie, just got to take some more pics of my decorations.
Hugs, Coll :-}