Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mackinac Island



I just had to share a few photos... Meggan, Dan and Ashy just got back from a mini vacation to Mackinac Island. I absolutely LOVE it up there. I used to go almost every year but haven't the last few years. These photos make me want to go again =) The island is SO pretty! If you have never been, you REALLY need to - it is a breathtakingly beautiful island. I loved going up there for Lilac Festival. The whole island smells fabulous!!! Some of the homes (Summer Mansions - Built in the 1800's) sit high up on a bluff and the view from them is like a little piece of heaven... Anyway, here's a few photos of Ashton and his Dad...

9 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Debbie, it's Jill from cozy.chic ~ love your blog! Beautiful pictures. I remember reading a feature on the lilac festival on Mackinac Isl, last year I think in Country Living or one of those...sounds like a beautiful place! You're lucky to have it so close by!
Anyway, just wanted to say hi! Have a wonderful day :)
~Jill
cozy.chic

Kim's Treasures said...

Hi Debbie~I am not sure that I knew you from Michigan too! Mackinac is the BEST! I love the peacefulness and NO cars! We really love going there! Your photos are really nice!
Have a great night!
Kim

Liz Harrell said...

After I read 'Summer Mansions' and 'island' and 'smells great' I kind of blanked out and stared at the wall for a while. Sounds like heaven to me!

Rosemary said...

Sounds like a wonderful place.
Really cute photos Debbie.
Glad it was great!!
Rosemary

Marja Kristiina said...

These photos take my breath away. What a place!!!

pinkpaintandroses said...

Debbie-
These are magnificent pictures! Love that they went with b/w on them. Did your daughter take them?

I have only been to Mackinac as a small child and all I really remember is a bumpy boat ride. We have pics from back in the 60's and they're beautiful, bet it hasn't changed a bit. Lilac festival must be fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
I haven't been by in a very long time. I have a new blog, deleted my old one. I hope you are doing well and finding great treasures this summer. Love the pictures today. We went to the UP last year on our motorcycle.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Faded Plains said...

Wow Debbie, your pictures are gorgeous! Love how you did them in black and white. I didn't realize that I missed the ocean until I saw your pics. Thanks!

Paris Rags Romance said...

Wow, what I wouldnt give to go to Mackinac Island for the lilacs.... its been a dream, one summer hopefully i'll get there,,,,, Talk soon! Hugs, Kim