Monday, April 9, 2007

1940's Jadeite Green - WoW!!!




Mike had a Saturday off again, so off we went treasure hunting... I think this fabulous old metal tin was my most favorite find =) I adore the jadeite green color! I paid a whole .50 cents for it at an antique shop. Can you believe that?! I hauled it home (along with a car full of other treasures) and cut up some vintage paper curtains that I had and lined the bottom of the tin with a piece and then "ModPodged" a piece on the lid of the tin. I have it in our bedroom sitting on the top of my stack of vintage hat boxes. It looks perfectly shabby with just the right amount of "vintage character" (i.e. dents, scratches and paint chips - LOL!) I love it!!!


15 comments:

Kahshe Cottager said...

Oh, this turned out so pretty!! I bet it looks right at home in your bedroom!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Nope! Too good to be true. You made it up.
(Just kidding!)I probably didn't do an April Fool's joke on you anyway...
Thank you for your sentiments at my place :)

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

I love it too!
Oh, that color!!
:)

Nonie said...

very cute.. Love it!

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

OOOH Debbie I love old tins. I must take a photo of my 'small' collection and add it to my blog.

Very Pretty find (and super cheap too) !!

xo

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors! What a great idea for such a great price!

Heather

FourSistersInACottage said...

You have such a great eye Debbie....Why to go and WOW...what an AWESOME PRICE!!!
You go girl!!!
Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

Retroboutiques said...

I really need that! I collect old tins now! Love it, love it!

deb said...

I just love this! I love that jadeite green too.

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Very pretty! I think that is the prettiest shade of green, too! Love what you did with it!

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

aRE YOU SURE WE WERENT SWITCHED AT BIRTH
LOVE THAT HOUSE OF YOURS WANT IT ALLLL STOLE YOUR BLOG LINK FROM COLLSGARDEN AM FRIENDS WITH HER DAUGHTER SHANNON FROM YAHOO PRETTYCHIC GROUP (FINALLY MEETING HER TOMORROW)ANYWAY LOVE YOUR FINDS
POP INTO MY BLOG ANYTIME
LINK FROM COLLGARDEN JULLIE

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Hello! That tin is so pretty!! I love jadite green and roses! Your blog is lovely! Your sweet chubby grandson is so adorable and your home is gorgeous! Love the ottomon cover you made!
Michelle

Tammy said...

fifty cents....fifty cents???
why can't I ever find anything in an antique store for fifty cents????
Gal, leave it to you to "shabby" it up...lol!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Oh, yum. The color of that tin is delicious. And the flowers really add a lot!

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

love all your things these tins are to die for !so is that grandbaby