Monday, April 23, 2007

My Vintage Millinery & Thrift Store Pretties...



A few weeks ago I stumbled upon this shabby sweet cherub vase (I just LOVE vintage cherubs!) at a thrift store (only $1.49, whoo hoo!) and I had every intention of listing it on ebay, but after I hauled it home and washed it up it ended up on a shelf in our living room (go figure lol!), well yesterday I decided that it needed "something", but I wasn't quite sure what. I started rummaging through my stash of old millinery flowers (we have an antique shop here in G.R. called "Acanthus" and she has the BEST treasures ever and that is where all of my vintage millinery florals came from - I totally splurged one day) and this is what happened. I simply love it! Roses, Lily of the Valley, and lots of other pretties. I did list the few vintage millinery pieces that wouldn't fit in this vase, on ebay. So if you like millinery pretties as much as I do, please check out my ebay auctions.

9 comments:

Cape Cod Washashore said...

I love the dainty colors of the millinery in your darling vase! Very cheerful and... well... VINTAGE looking! =)

ShabbyInTheCity said...

So pretty and I would have bought you this...if I had been with you that day :)

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Oh Debbie, how adorable. I love your vase ~ you know my user name proves it, too! I love all things cherubic/angelic!!! So vintage looking, so wonderful!

Stephanie

Ragged Roses said...

Those flowers look great in that very pretty vase - glad you didn't sell it.
Kim x

Cherub*Kisses said...

You ladies find the neatest treasures at these thrift shops... I'm peeking in there today :))
Have a sweet day! Dionne

Rosemary said...

Hi,
I can't believe you found that cherub vase for so little.
That's great!! I love those kinds of finds. Yay!!
Rosemary
http://rosespetitemaison.blogspot.com/

Niki Fretwell said...

Sigh....Sooo pretty.
(I'm off to look at eBay now!)

Sweet Remembrance said...

Debbie...Love the vase, the Cherubs are a bonus!
And I love, love, love old millinary flowers. So pretty...

Tammy said...

I bow to you, my Queen of the GREAT DEAL!!
How pretty that is!
:)