Sunday, April 15, 2007

Feeling Creative


I'm so happy with how this pretty piece turned out! I started with a vintage mother of pearl frame that I found at a thrift store for .99 cents. I than added a piece of vintage sheet music found at an antique shop for $1.00, then I added a pretty rose card that I recently received from an ebay friend, then I added two vintage calling cards (one in the top right corner, one in the lower left corner) purchased on ebay for $1.00 each. Then for the finishing touch I added a vintage millinery shabby pink rose pin (won on ebay for $5.00) and a vintage skeleton key that Mike found for me an an antique shop last weekend ($1.50) and wa-la! Shabby, Pink & Pretty!!! When I originally purchased all of these goodies over the last few months I had no idea what I was going to do with them, but I loved 'em and just had to have 'em - LOL! Well, I was struck with the creativity bug today and I must say I love how all of my vintage pretties came together to create this =)



10 comments:

Tammy said...

This is very nice!!

Nonie said...

That is very pretty!

Kahshe Cottager said...

This turned out very well!! No wonder you are pleased with yourself today! Where are you going to put it??

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Isn't it nice, that when you collect things you really like, that they will all come together so prettily?


I have you added to my list on my blog, thanks for sharing, I appreciate it!!

Cherub*Kisses said...

Hi Debbie,
I love this idea...very inspiring indeed... there was a skeleton key in the back door of the house... I didn't know what to do with... I hung on the wall on a ribbon & pray the boys don't grab or lose it :))
I'm lovin' the new house... thanks sooo much for your smiles!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb. Isn't it funny how the things we pick up eventually get put together so nicely! This is really pretty. Nice job!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

That turned out absolutely beautiful! The frame is gorgeous, too!

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Oh it is so pretty! I LOVE the music and the roses...so beautiful! I am inspired to go dig in my stash..lol!

We should have a creative papers day once a week!

Heather

LA said...

Gorgeous! Don't you love when things come together like that?

Cheers! LA

FrenchGardenHouse said...

How pretty is that! I swear I need to broaden my horizons to other states for thrift shopping!!! Ours never have anything great like yours, and certainly not at those prices.

I always enjoy your blog so much.

Thanks for the delight in the middle of the night!