Friday, February 16, 2007

Vintage Lamps






I just adore vintage lamps and they are absolutely everywhere in our home - lol! I just can't seem to ever have enough. They make a room feel so homey and cozy to me. I thought I would share a few pictures (only a few, I will share more later) with you. I am always drawn to old lamps and lamp shade frames when I'm out treasure hunting. I love finding just the right vintage fabric to cover them with and then just the right gimp and trim, be it vintage pom poms, glass beads or fringe. I've also come across the best shop that is about an hour from our home and they have the most wonderful lamp parts so sometimes I get to actually create the entire lamp from finial, shade to base. So much fun!!! I have found two fabulous woman that make shades on ebay and they both live in Australia (their style frames are my most favorite). I hope you enjoy the pictures...

8 comments:

Niki Fretwell said...

I love lamps too, but yours are gorgeous. I espacially love the one with the pretty china flowers on the base.
Look forward to seeing more.
Niki.

FourSistersInACottage said...

Debbie,
The lamps and shades are to die for...YOUR TASTE is FABULOUS!!! Keep the pictures coming....I would like to live in your sweet little cottage home!!!
Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

Retroboutiques said...

Oh, those lamps are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Your lamps are really beautiful. I love your cottage! I can't wait to see more...I've added you to my bloglines so I'll know right away when you post.

Gypsy Purple said...

What a lovely blog you have...glad O found you..please come and visit as well: www.gypsypurple.blogspot.com

Hope we will see more of one another

Chamara

Naturegirl said...

Your home is most ~charming!~ I LoVe the use of the ~window frame~ over your bed..how creative!My first time here!I'm travelling presently and visiting blogs. I'm at www.nature-trail.blogspot.com

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Very pretty, all of them! Your home looks so bright and happy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie, I am a lamp lover as well. I just can't get enough of them!! =) Yours are GORGEOUS! Wonderful pictures! Melanie